Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight!

So my wonderful husband came home from math study hall two nights ago with flowers, candy, and the idea to go see the midnight showing of twilight to celebrate 11 months of being married!! :D He knew I was dying to see it and that I was going to go with some friends of mine, but he wanted to take me instead. Sweet man! So we drove to Roanoke and went to see it. It was probably one of the funnest movies I've ever been to because the crowd was so into it. Everyone was wearing their "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob" shirts. When the movie started, the theather busted into applause and the second Edward came on screen, all the girls started screaming. It was just fun! The theater completely sold out the 6 screens that they were showing it on. Awesome stuff. I enjoyed it very much. You can tell it's a low budget film, because I don't think anyone was expecting it to do that well, but I bet the next one is going to have a much higher budget because of how much this one made at the box office. I thought it stuck to the story line well and was overall pretty pleased with the actors they chose to play the characters. My one critiscim is that in parts it was a little corny or over dramatic, but hey, so were the books. Overall, if you haven't read the books, it would probably be unimpressive and you could wait until it came out on video. However, for people who have read the books, it's way exciting, nice to see it dramatized, and easy to overlook it's "blah-ness". Yay for twilight!

1 comment:

Kemp and Whitney said...

We went and saw it together too. Don't we just have great husbands? I wasn't very impressed with it though. I guess I have never really experience the whole read and book, watch the movie. I wish they could have spent more money...that would have made a big difference. I hope you are right about the 2nd one. Of course I'm going to have to see!