Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Jake and I were talking on thanksgiving morning before we got up and he said something really profound. He said that, "being greatful is being a good steward over the blessings that Heavenly Father has given us. I thought that was a really interesting idea. And it's totally true. When we are good stewards over the things that we've been blessed with and share them with others, we are really showing how greatful we are for those blessings. We sat and talked about how we can be better stewards over our blessings and it was just a great note to start our day out on. After that, we had lots of friends over-everyone brought something and the food was great. We ate, had a lesson from the sister missionaries, and then spent the rest of the day playing games and just enjoying each other's company. It was a really great Thanksgiving and it's nice to know that we have a family away from home. I made my mom's stuffing and it was yummy-I think Jake and I were the only ones who thought so because we were the only ones who ate any, but we had so much fun making it the night before that it was worth it. I got Jake to try a raw oyster and he was so grossed out. It was hilarious. :D:D Anyhow, here are some pictures from the Thanksgiving festivities.




No comments: