Monday, January 5, 2009

Connor Grant Johnson











Alright everyone! Here is the most beautiful baby in the world! We went in Friday morning the 2nd at 8am. They gave me this little pill that usually puts people into labor and when it didn't work, they tried it again four hours later. So, the first eight hours of being in the hospital were spent eating and watching tv and waiting for something exciting to happen. At 6pm that night my dr finally broke my water and after that everything went on it's own. I had the epidural by 11pm and we mostly slept and rested throughout the night. At about 5am I was at 8.5 cm and the contractions were getting so strong that the epidural wasn't really helping anymore and from then one I could pretty much feel everything. At 8am I was at 10cm and started to push. I pushed for four hours and finally ended up with the most beautiful baby boy in my arms. He was 9lbs 1oz and 21 1/2 in long. As soon as he came out, they put him on my chest and I could feel legs kicking at my hip and I blurted, "Where does he end!?!?!" He is a big boy! I couldn't believe how big he was. So after that we just spent the rest of the time in the hospital enjoying our little dude. He loves to have his hands by his face and actually came out with a hand next to his face. He has a little red tint in his hair and I think he looks more like a Grant than a Johnson but you can see the Johnson side in him too. He has Jake's mom and grandma's chin and of course the red in his hair comes from the Johnson side too.
So, we're home now and have been chilling with my mom and dad. I think they are in love and want to steal Connor and take him home with them, but we love him too much. It's nice when I get to feed him because I get my time to hold him. He's just a sweet little guy. :D Anyway, I could ramble forever, but I'll stop and save some for another post which will probably come soon. :D

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations you guys!! Connor is soooo adorable! And waht a big boy!

Jared, Christine, and The Boys said...

Congrats! You did it! I can't believe you were in labor for so long and pushed so long. Mom said my labor "didn't count", but I think yours sure did! Way to earn that beautiful boy!

9 of Us said...

I totally see you in him!! He is a big boy! Way to go on getting him out! I knew you were tough. He is beautiful. Enjoy every moment!

Kemp and Whitney said...

Look at you guys! That's so awesome. He's such a tan little thing. I'm jealous! :) Hope everything is going well!

Unknown said...

Wow he is a big baby! Congrats you two, I'm so happy for you guys!

The Holt Family said...

Congrats! He is so precious. I can't wait to come over and see him. It might be a couple of days tho, cuz I caught strep throat from JJ so soon after I get better we'll come over. I'm so happy for you!

Whipple Family said...

Congrats you guys your little boy is adorable.

This is Jakes cousin by the way.

Luke and Niki said...

Congrats guys!!! We cant wait to meet him!!!!!

Sarah said...

Oh Jordan I am SO happy for you! As is Brandon--I think he got kind of chocked up when he saw your pictures. Now we want our little boy so badly! ugh!

Anyway, Conner is beautiful and huge, lol. I can't wait to meet him!

Love you!

Jack and Alyssa said...

i cried when i read this! Jordan and Jake, I am so happy for you two!! Almost 10 pounds! That's a big baby! from the pictures, he looks older than a newborn!! I can't even explain how excited I am for you two!! Congrats!!!

Fishin' Ponds said...

I'm so glad you got a beautiful baby!! He totally is cute, and you look great considering what you had just been through. Can't wait to see more pics, and to see him this summer!! Yeah!

Evans Family of Three said...

congrats to he new mommy and daddy!! lil conner is so cute! i can't believe how big he is. i am so happy for you and that he is finally here! me and cory will be coming over to meet him very soon!

Tobias Family said...

congrats, glad everyone is healthy

Amber said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see him!

Middletonfamily said...

He is such an adorable little guy! We are so happy and excited for you guys! Hope you are getting some sleep!:-)