Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

Hey everyone, I just thought I'd post about our little Christmas. We had kind of like a family night last night with Jake's coach's family and it was really fun. Last night we got home and we were just hanging out and were about to go to bed at midnight when I got the crazy idea..."Let's go open our gifts!" In my mind, it was Christmas starting at 12am so why not? So we came downstairs and opened our gifts. My dear sweet husband got me a very sweet present. You know those little willow tree statues? He got me the one below and I started to cry before I even opened the box. It's so sweet and I just loved it!It was a nice Christmas. I woke up yesterday morning crying because it's the first Christmas I've not been with my mom and dad. It is tough not to be with them but at the same time I have Jake and that makes me feel great. It's wonderful to have him because he's all the family I need so as long as he's here I'm okay. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's just wonderful!
Anyway, it was also nice because we were just going to have spaghettii or something but were invited over to our Bishop's house for dinner tonight. It was really nice because it felt kind of like home with all the yummy food and great people around. Me and bishop's daughter hit it off and pretty much talked the whole night. It was too fun! There were lots of people there and it just felt like a big house full of love and good food and great feelings. I know, I'm pathetic, but I miss my family and it was nice to be somewhere the felt kind of like home.
With it being close to Christmas and me being due at any minute, I've had a lot of time to think about Mary and how she must've felt at about this time 2000 years ago. I sit and think about this little boy we have on the way and all the responsibilities Jake and I have to raise him correctly. It makes me feel inadequate sometimes-like who am I to have this job? How must Mary have felt knowing that her son was going to be the Son of God and that she would have to raise him as such. What a huge job!!! It makes me appreciate her so much for being the mother of my Savior and raising him in the way he should be.
Just a few rambling thoughts...hope they made sense...Merry Christmas everyone! :D

1 comment:

Kemp and Whitney said...

What a perfect gift! (Good job Jake)
I had text you the other day seeing how things went...I haven't heard from you yet so I bet you guys have a little one running around. (Not running around yet anyways) Hope everything went smoothly :)