Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Word from Jake

This is me on Saturday's.... bring on baseball!
Jordan told me that I have to start writting on this thing as well so I am gonna give it a whirl. Being back in VA has been great. Since being home all I have really done is work on a couple houses on campus, and help paint a friends home. It's been a lot better than selling. Yeah, I don't get paid as generously, but at least I am sane and feel like I am getting somewhere. I have no complaints.
Last week Jordan and I went to see The Dark Night on opening night! I recommend it to anyone. It is hilariously, suspenseful. With a bit of psychoticness. We loved it. It wasn't the best night in the world though. At the Lexington theater there isn't a lot of room and they only show a movie twice a day. The movie opened at 7pm on Friday, and we tried to get to that showing but it ended up selling out, so we had to wait til' 10pm for the final showing. On the way back to the theater that evening I ended up getting pulled over and getting a speeding ticket. It was REDICULOUS! On the way to Lexington the speed limit is 55mph then just as your driving into town it goes to 35 and then right to 25. Now I can admit that I was trying to get to the movie to get a good seat, but just as I was driving into town Jordan freaked out and told me to slow down and that a cop just flipped a U-ee after me. I wasn't even aware of how fast I was going. evidentally I was going 38 in a 25. It's not that I was driving recklessly. COME ON!!! That's just the way things are in these small towns. Cops got nothing else better to do. Needless to say I am still a little upset about it.
In other news we are pretty excited about this week because we are going to get Jordan another ultra-sound possibly to see what the baby is going to be. I'm pretty stoked about that because I can then identify the child rather than just saying "baby." On top of that we are leaving for Alaska on Sunday, and I am going to get to go fishing for the first time in 4 years. This time I get to go for the real fish. We are going King Salmon fishing and then I am going Halibut fishing with Jordan's Dad and brother Jesse. Bring it on! I am hoping to catch a 100 lb fish. And we will post pictures after the trip.
Finally, Jordan got a hair choppin' the other day and she looks quite cute! Dashing if you ask me! And this is a picture of her.... after seeing it you have to say awwwww!!!!

SAY IT!!! AWWWWW!!!

No comments: