Saturday, October 17, 2009

Connor + Dead Spider = YUCK!

So my friend Holly told me I needed to blog this story so I thought I'd hop on and do that real quick. The other day I was sitting on the couch reading the Ensign and Connor was doing his own thing playing on the floor. He's now begining to show us everyday why we can't leave werid things within three feet of the floor. Well I knew that there was a dead daddy-long-leg spider on the windowsill, but I was waiting for Jake to get it. It'd been sitting there for like a week and Connor can't see that high, but he can definately reach the window sill when he stands up. So I look up after a minute of him playing and notice that the spider is done. I start looking on the floor and in the vent on the floor and can't find it. Well then I notice our cute little dude chomping away on something and see a little spider leg coming out of the corner of his mouth. SICK!!! Now me being the wonderful mother I am thought, "I'm not reaching in his mouth to get it! He's probably already swallowed it. It's good protein anyway." He won't remember it anyway right? Poor little guy. I promise, I'm really not a bad mom, I just don't touch spiders w/ my bare hands. I guess I should judt pick up the dead spider next time before Connor gets to it huh?

4 comments:

Alaska Massey said...

Ewww! I wouldn't have pulled it out either. It doesn't make you a bad mom. I wonder how many gross things like that our kids have put in their mouths without me even noticing. -Angela

Evans Family of Three said...

haha that is so funny! and you are a great mom jordan don't worry!

Jiggle Johnson said...

I can't believe that you watched your son ear a spider!!! You are an awesome sexy momma!!! I let Toby smash bugs ALL the time. He always says to me... "mom, I gowin outside a get a bug?" So now we have a bug catcher with the weirdes looking bugs in it right next to our tv. Oh boys.... can't wait to see ya!!!

SEABREEZE said...

Too, too funny! Your dad ate poop when he was a baby - I think that is way worse! xoxoxoxo